28 things that make you happy during the Unventured Manali Leh cycling tour.
- Tar marked roads : Otherwise you ll standing up on your bike, struggling to manoeuvre it and wake up with back aches the next day. This needs a special mention since there are times when there are actually no roads at all!!
- Flat roads : Else you're just holding on to your brakes down the slope or tiring yourself as you ascend.
- Pa ke zam zam : The local tea, the medicine to every trouble, as the locals say. Whether you believe that or not, it is definitely refreshing.
- Chocolates : These are the best as energy boosts while to take small breaks so your body doesn't cool down.
- Juices : Yummiest way to hydrate yourself and of course you take in the necessary Vitamins.
- Sleeping bag : That keeps you warm and cosy while you sleep in the tent, especially on unexpected cold nights.
- Sun : Warms you up after a chilly night.
- Hot garlic soup : Perfect on a cold windy evening and to cure headaches, a symptom of high altitude sickness
- Bombing Sumedhas Selfies : Sumedha really knows to click some brilliant Selfies and one of the easiest ways to be a part of them is to bomb them.
- Knowing that the first person is not to far ahead : Then you can cycle peacefully, enjoy the ride, not worry about catching up and reaching later than scheduled.
- Oxygen : Because as you go higher, it reduces.
- Beautiful Views : These are the real motivations to finish this long ride. They distract you while you're tired or having a headache and keep you going.
- Snow fall : This one brings the best smile on your face.
- Gya town : Its a lovely yet small town with super cute buildings. This an indication that you're in Ladakh and extremely close to your final destination.
- Reaching a high altitude pass : It is indeed an accomplishment after battling all the decreasing oxygen and climbing up the steep slopes.
- Dumb charades : These are the sources of fun as you're sitting on the mattress, munching snacks or sipping soup after a long ride through the day.
- Hot water shower : These are rare and you realise the value only when come across these. You get a chance to bathe only ever 3-5 days.
- Hair bath : All the stickiness disappears after these and you feel so fresh.
- Internet : Since you have been on the road for so long, getting in touch with your family and friends and telling them about how you did makes you happy.
- No phone network : This one is when you're away from the annoying beeps and the work calls.
- Wai wai : These are my favourite noodles. But apart from that, they are thin, spicy and come with soup.
- Realising there was no steep uphill after rohtang as in the handbook : Ever since I saw the handbook, I dreaded the super steep climb after Rhotang. After Rhotang passed and we reached Sissu, only to figure out that that steep uphill never existed!
- Motorbike's salute
- Playing bluff
- Munchies like Aloo Bhujia and Khatta Meetha
- Crossing a stream without having to get off the bike
- Moore plains
- Conversations in dinner tent
23-26 courtesy : Arpit.
27-28 courtesy : Pradeep
27-28 courtesy : Pradeep